Tuesday, August 23, 2005

A Short Entry

I've just been pondering on where I am in my walk with God. Plenty has happened over the past year. It has been a good trip back to Malacca, and I was just praying for God to reveal himself vividly to me, desperately searching amongst the hues cutting across the horizon..for anything.

But there was nothing, but the great blue sky (with golden shimmers as it was nearing dusk)..

My search for God was short-lived as the picture that replaces the majestic spread before me is an incident that happened just moments before our departure. I'm so saddened by my uncle's remarks that he doesn't believe in God but himself. He said, "Where is God in a world which never hears the end of suffering?"

He is here, right where He was there when He let His only son to die on the cross to save us all.

What an amazing, amazing love. I've just never felt so much power in that statement, not till that very moment. And I felt that He was with us and His grace was just overpowering as my sister spoke those words to my uncle. I'm pretty certain Ah Pek was moved by what you said. And you have affirmed me so much, bi. Not only that day. I'm so proud of you. I'm going to miss you immensely. And it's going to be hard finding your replacement.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So this is what you were doing last night...
Thanks che ;)

chowkueyteow said...

*sniff*

Not.

He is here indeed...I'm learning more and more about His power and love with each passing day.

A powerful and moving entry.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »

Anonymous said...

What a great site » »