Thursday, November 03, 2005

Things I've Observed for the Day

-If you drop by Starhill Gallery, (actually I'm not sure myself what exactly is the place, linked to Ritz Carlton/Marriott..) make sure you visit the washroom (by that, I meant the ladies)--beneath shops selling designer labels--food haven but really pricey no doubt. There's this huge wooden wheel in the middle of the basins that you need to push, or rather, pull like in the olden days to churn out water. Great ambience too in the stall..nice lamps, interesting architecture with protrudingly placed bricks as the stall's walls..very rustic. But a tad dark though..

-Marriott has an unmanned piano. Didn't see this part of Marriott last time I went there..hmm..

-Our Negaraku's origin from this Hawaiian hymm Mamula Moon?!..(okay, I didn't find that out today).

-Colliseum's food greatly disappointed me. Very.

-Don't go asking for serviettes in a mamak stall (not that I did). Just don't. Ask for tissue k.

-Oh yeah, don't go anywhere, especially KL, on the first day of Raya, nothing's open..but no traffic la...good for sightseeing

[irene]

7 comments:

chowkueyteow said...

Yup, Adrian brought me to check out the washroom (by that, I meant the gents - or so I say, heh heh...) damn cool...though instead of a wheel, the gents had a bamboo pole to pull (connotation totally unintended) to churn out water.

I don't know about you, but I somehow got the feeling that those toilet stalls were made for more than just number 1 and number 2...hmmmmmmm...

Could be just me, though.

Hmmm, could it be that you had too high expectations of Colliseum when you dropped by, rather than the food there being sucky? 3-4 years ago, the food there still rocked...

Irene Sim said...

Hey wat u mean by no. 1&2? don get it..btw, think it's the coolest washroom so far-plus the gents no doubt-if I've been in there. Hehh

On Colliseum, we were paying like rm30 for a piece of steak, which was bloody (after requesting it to be well done), tough, plastic and above all, horrible tasting..

Actually I remembered vaguely that when I last visited, probably a year ago, I had a similar experience. Think their QC's gone out the window..very disappointing..but then again, it could be just my table, since the crowd is still there.

Thanks for dropping by! =)

p.s sounds familiar? lol..

chowkueyteow said...

My dear Irene, number 1 = liquid, number 2 = solid (well, sort of la).

p.s. - hey, that's my job.

Anonymous said...

tissue..? mamak stalls serve toilet paper.

Irene Sim said...

Well, My Dear Aaron, noone knows liquid and solids like you do huh?

Anonymous: No wonder when I typed in tissue, I felt something's amuck...

[irene cute foreva]

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Ford courier sale upskirt bubble butt telus mobility cell phone plans Low noise digital camera Financial advisor in shoreham http://www.seroquel-06.info/Cell_phone_plans_comparisons.html voice scholarships London term assurance life insurance l Website jackson county missouri public personal tax records imitrex side effects neck pain

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »