Monday, March 03, 2008

The daydreamer

It was slightly drafty after a little rain
i took my little set of tools for a little dig
an urban archaelogist, me, in no way
as i gently claw into the damp soil
i sprinkled some seeds onto the little void i've made
earlier have gotten them off a flee-market, showcased on the owner's wheelbarrow-such pretty poignant coloured-petals
i'm such a fool for colours!
high hopes i have on those seeds...

my mind wandered abit to yesteryear
he was someone i hardly knew
he was brilliant and charming
and we have the best conversations about nothing-ness
like Meg Ryan would say, all this 'nothings have meant so much to me than so many somethings'
isn't it weird
i can only dream of the day when i can express how he has stayed in my mind all these years
how i wished it hasn't been more than 10 years
i guess first love dies hard
but how i wish it would!
how i wished i could move on..

a neighbour was strolling along with her child in a mini tricycle
i looked up, severed from my train of thoughts
maybe it was the gentle cluttering from the contact between its wheels and the gravel path
the little girl gave me a generous smile
it instantly brought a glow in me
i beamed
i covered the depression where the seeds now reside
the high hopes i have previously i remembered instantly

decided to go for a walk
grabbed a basket to pick strawberries
hopefully Mr Grey is home
a beautiful spring day it was
as i continued to dream my little dream.

No comments: