Saturday, March 08, 2008

Vote: casted!

It is the 12th General Election today!
How exciting, my very first time!
Managed to grab a pen after receiving an sms to do so
Can't imagine why they should want us to vote with pencils
Another conspiracy like the indelible ink? Come one...

Left the house at 10am
Weather was dreadfully hot and sunny

What a relief it is to own a pair of shades
The heat and brightness made me feel rather spirited, and echoed a ray of hope

Ice-cream man would have made loads of ringgit in this heat

But remembered those who flood the voting centers are not children, who fancies ice-cream too much
Plus, he probably needed to vote!

Arrived at the school
The premise was rather quiet, it was strange
Made my way to 'stream 5' which was a classroom consisting of roughly 8 agents
A policeman was guarding at the exit door
Everyone looked sullen and dreamy

Did someone died? hahaa...
I felt a little dreamy myself, and rather blur from the sullen-ness
The guy sitting at the corner entrance checked my IC

He called my name
Out loud for everyone to hear
Felt like a criminal with a serial number attached


After crossing my choices, I placed them into the 2 boxes respectively
And strolled out into the open air

Vote casted!

As much as I felt a milestone has been achieved in my life
I can't help but feel... was that experience really exciting?
I've always envisioned voting day to be noisier than this
People strewn along the corridors and feeding each other with the latest political development

Well, maybe it was just the center I was allocated

May the results reflect the level of maturity of this nation
Fingers crossed!

No comments: