Thursday, December 08, 2005

Miles and laughter

It's coming close to 3 months now and this is by far the longest I have ever been away from Malaysia...from home too as a matter of fact, though I'm sure this record shall be broken spectacularly ; )

Right, so what's happened...

The first 2 months were a bit of a nightmare due to various difficulties with the one thing that can get most difficult of all, namely the business of accommodation, which coupled with internet woes in addition to a string of further little inconveniences...add up to a, how should I say...perplexed me.

And then...

I must say a blessing came that took away the little inconveniences, set things pretty much right and even added several conveniences. Faithful indeed is He.

Haven't really been around what with one thing and another (writing assertive but polite e-mails, at least I try ; )) but I did manage to catch a movie which cost something I've got to get used to : )
It was the very much anticipated sequel of the Potter series. Well...I must say I wasn't too thrilled, hehe...comparisons galore...
Anyways, although I thought the people who put the thing together didn't do too bad of a job considering the task they had of compressing, and might I say shredding the book up to make a watch of it. Movies simply never can live up to their print versions. I also noticed that most of the older cast looked ghastly on the screen, hmm...MUST be the widescreen effect (it was twice the length of the ones in Malaysia. And...Dumbledore exhibited rather shocking behaviour which still leaves me in gales of laughter whenever I think of it, ok it's much stiffled now : ) then again...it's not just him.

That is all.

HahAhaHahaAaaaaa...(dumbledore)

8 comments:

Irene Sim said...

biiiiiiii

finally.

When you mentioned it, Dumbly-dore is pretty loony this time around. Hmm...wonder why. Actually most of them were overly stressed, constipated I might say. Except for good ole Hagrid and Madam Maxime. THAT was grotesque. Eeks.

Haha

Anonymous said...

that's a delicate way of putting things into perspective ; )

Anonymous said...

ghastly and grotesque...we're downright expressive people.

chowkueyteow said...

Cho Chang was not constipated, ahem.

chowkueyteow said...

Good to know that you're still alive and typing, Ivy...it has been awhile, hasn't it...

Ivy said...

Well, I'm adopting this as means to emphasize my 'alive' status...and awhile is an understatement : )

Irene Sim said...

ya, agreed (altho not quite). cho wasn't constipated but i didn't even remember her being casted when i wrote the comment.. talk about brief stage presence..

haha.

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
» » »