Monday, December 25, 2006

It's funny how many things you'll see just watching out the window...or just positioning your eyes at the automated parking exit. I must say that Summit's system is rather dodgy and they should sue the contractor who installed the ticketing system for them. It's so inefficient as it breaks down rather often. Speaking from experience, since dad was always complaining about the payment machines. I saw several cars having to reverse their car to try another exit and often, the unproblematic one becomes problematic and vice versa.

I remember two incidents whereby there was this huge lorry trying the then unproblematic exit and was talking to the security guard, no doubt about the inefficient ticketing system. Thereafter, he drove past the exit as the barrier went up, only to bang the rain guard which was somewhat a little low as the lorry's roof gashed against it. The security guard was yelling after the guy while muttering to himself, I hope, to a colleague I can't see..

Then there was this couple where at the exit, I saw the girl searching frantically in her bag.. for the ticket. At first I thought it was the touch-n-go card, but it was the ticket..nevermind that. Anyway, it was pretty intense, I saw hand gestures from the guy, losing his patience no doubt, and the girl panicking. In the end, she poured everything out from her bag onto her lap. The guy had to pull aside while putting up the emergency lights. Eventually she found the ticket.. I think she'd most probably throw away the bag after that incident.. or, gosh, I hope they didn't break up over something so trivial as that!

By the way, carolling on Christmas eve was amazingly superb eh? Although the conductor seemed a tad fierce.. I won't want to be in the violinist's shoes. Imagine the pressure! They were so perfect, I was gonna kill myself! The many hidden talents...gosh...simply awesome.

No comments: